Days 1-2: Bavarian Spa Towns
Pedal to the Bavarian spa towns of stunning Tegernsee and Schliersee and visit the Benedictine Abbey founded in 746 that later became the summer residence of the Royal Family. Then ride to breathtaking "Bavarian Sea" and tour a local brewery.
Days 3-4: Mad King Ludwig II
Visit two islands, including Herrenchiemsee to tour Mad King Ludwig II's castle then ride to the upper Bavarian spa town Bad Reichenhall. Encircled by the Chiemgauer Alps we tour the traditional salt producing centers.
Days 5-7 The Sound of Music
Ride along the storybook lakes of the UNESCO site of Salzkammergut; Mondsee, Attersee and Wolfagangsee enjoy idyllic lakefront settings of castles within breathtaking Alps. Try the regional specialties such as Kaiserschmarren or Krapfe at colorful markets then revisit the "Sound of Music" en route to Salzburg.
- 3 -star accommodation with breakfast
- All full course dinners except 2
- Brewery Visit & tasting
- City Tour of Salzburg
- BIKE RENTAL of quality upright 27-speed touring bikes equipped with handlebar bags (your clipless pedals can be mounted; but remember to bring your shoes, bike gloves and shorts…) Quality road bikes are available upon request at an additional charge
- Route note, maps and marked routes
- All tour transfers including meet/depart, van support and luggage transfer
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.